On this episode of Bible Q-n-A we’ll look at a couple of contrasting comments. One very positive and the other very negative and insulting. Remember to like, share, and – especially – comment! #BibleQnA? #PreacherNorm? #ChurchOfChrist? #NewTestament? #Christianity
Joshua Cantrell, Associate Minister for the Cusseta Road Church of Christ in Columbus, GA, will join me to discuss the New Testament church of Christ and the misnomer, “Church of Christ Denomination.” And, of course, your live questions and comments.
Twice Jesus cleansed the temple during His earthly ministry. The record of John 2:13-17 says that it was the fulfillment of what was written, “Zeal for Your house has eaten Me up” (Psalm 69:9). This lesson asks the question, what if we had the same zeal for the Lord’s house (the church, 1 Tim. 3:15), that Jesus did?
When We Have Zeal For The Lord’s House…
- We will be bold in our defense of that house (Jn. 2:13f; Acts 4:23-31).
- We will be uncompromising in our cleansing of that house (1 Cor. 5:1-8, 11; 2 Thess. 3:6; Rom. 16:17; Tit. 3:9-11).
- We will keep that house clean even when we are reproached for doing it (cf. Ps. 69:7-9).
- The Lord’s House today is the church (1 Tim. 3:15).
- Do we have the zeal of Christ to cleanse the Lord’s house, no matter what it takes?
On tonight’s episode of Bible
Subscribe to PreacherNorm: https://goo.gl/G6gVtS
For the latest episode of Bible Q-n-A and Bible Q-n-