Twice Jesus cleansed the temple during His earthly ministry. The record of John 2:13-17 says that it was the fulfillment of what was written, “Zeal for Your house has eaten Me up” (Psalm 69:9). This lesson asks the question, what if we had the same zeal for the Lord’s house (the church, 1 Tim. 3:15), that Jesus did?
When We Have Zeal For The Lord’s House…
- We will be bold in our defense of that house (Jn. 2:13f; Acts 4:23-31).
- We will be uncompromising in our cleansing of that house (1 Cor. 5:1-8, 11; 2 Thess. 3:6; Rom. 16:17; Tit. 3:9-11).
- We will keep that house clean even when we are reproached for doing it (cf. Ps. 69:7-9).
- The Lord’s House today is the church (1 Tim. 3:15).
- Do we have the zeal of Christ to cleanse the Lord’s house, no matter what it takes?